|New details Tomb Raider 9 leaked online
| July 12th, 2009|
New information and concept artwork from Tomb Raider 9 has surfaced online through the
website 4Player Coop,
for the reboot of the franchise after Tomb Raider: Underworld.
According to the website, a 'mole' inside Eidos/Crystal Dynamics
leaked authentic conceptual artwork but also an internal briefing on what fans can expect from Lara Croft's next installment.
Nothing official on Tomb Raider 9 has been announced by Eidos or Square Enix until today, so the information below
is considered UNOFFICIAL.
When a sudden storm destroys her research vessel, a young and inexperienced Lara Croft finds herself stranded on a mysterious and remote island hidden off the shores of Japan. Despite several signs of various inhabitants the island is oddly deserted, and an uneasy feeling settles in as strange sounds emerge from the shadows.
With only her determination, inner strength, and resourcefulness to help her, Lara must overcome the challenges of a harsh and unforgiving journey that will take her across a vast island wilderness and deep into the claustrophobic and menacing underground tombs from the island's past.
As she struggles to prevail through brutal combat encounters and treacherous exploration, Lara will be pushed to her limits and forced to adapt to her situation in order to survive and escape from the lethal predators that stalk her every move.
- Hunt or Be Hunted: Evade, outsmart, trick and kill the mysterious enemies that hunt you as prey.
- Survival Action: Brutally attack and defend yourself as you fight to survive through visceral one-on-one melee combat.
- Strategic Weapons: Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different melee and ranged weapons including a variety of guns, and the hunter's ultimate weapon, the bow.
- Creative Survival: React and adapt to the island by using only that which you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope, and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat game play options.
- Free Movement: Scramble up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump: There is no one right way to traverse, survive, and explore the harsh environment of the island.
- One Cohesive World: The diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather, and natural events.
- Origin Story: The new Tomb Raider concept reboots the franchise by exploring Lara Croft's transformation into a hardened adventurer as you unravel the story behind the island's mysterious past.
More to come in the future.
|LATEST TOMB RAIDER NEWS
|LARA CROFT GO GOES LIVE TODAY ON IOS, ANDROID AND WINDOWS PHONESSquare Enix Montreal today announced that Lara Croft GO, is now available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, as well as Android, Windows Phone and Windows Store.|
|LARA CROFT GO LAUNCH TRAILERSquare Enix Montreal has released a 60-seconds Launch Trailer from Lara Croft GO, out today on iOS, Android and Windows Phone on for only $4.99.|
|LARA CROFT: RELIC RUN LATEST UPDATECyrstal Dynamics has again updated Lara Croft: Relic Run for Android and iOS today, available free worldwide.|
|LARA CROFT GO AVAILABLE!Square Enix Montreal has released Lara Croft GO today on iOS, Android and Windows Phone on for only $4.99.|
| POPULAR SEARCHES
Tomb Raider IX,
Tomb Raider III movie,
Tomb Raider: Underworld,
Tomb Raider: Underworld - Classic Costume Pack,
Tomb Raider: Underworld - Wetsuit Costume Pack,
Tomb Raider: Underworld - Beneath the Ashes,
Tomb Raider: Underworld - Laras Shadow,
Tomb Raider: Underworld - Designer Costume Pack,
Tomb Raider: Anniversary,
Tomb Raider Comics,